Oct 30, 2012

Eileen Chang -the Hua Li Yuan(華麗緣)

Time flies! Now I want to introduce my favorite writer in Chinese traditional literature-Eileen Chang. She is a very important role in modern literature. Most people think she is pessimistic but I think she is a person who is brave and never gives up her dream. Her words sometimes make us feel cheerless and dispirited. However, if we can read some information about her, we can discover that she is sensitive and full of feeling. She loves her family but it became the biggest harm in her life. What’s more, her lover also betrayed her. All of these events made her disappointed about life. The only way she depended on was writing. Through it, she could regain power. Maybe her words are pessimistic but she never abandoned her life and idea. Among her works, the Hua Li Yuan is my favorite because it is more like her autobiography than a story. In the book, she told a lot of her stories and her feeling when she faced these events. Compared to other famous works of Eileen Chang, I feel it makes me closer to her. In first sight, her books can’t give us warm. Nevertheless, after we read lot’s of them, we can be touched by her inner enthusiasm about life, love, and dream.   


1 comment:

  1. I love Eileen Chang's books, too. When I was in the senior high school, I read her work on the textbooks. After listening to narration of her life and trying to feel her words, I realized she's a susceptable and resolute woman, who is not only good at observing but portraying. I have read "Love in a Falling City", "The Golden Cangue" and "Red roses White Roses". I like the atmosphere generated by her work because it really makes me think something around me.
    By the way, I also want to read "Hua Li Yuan" when I have time.

    ReplyDelete