The weather becomes colder and it is proper to introduce a very
touching and warm story to you- Diner Escargot written by Ogawa Ito. The
leading role in this story is good at cooking and comes back to their hometown
after breaking up with her boyfriends. What’s worse, she is sad to lose the
ability of talking. After she arrives at hometown, she uses her grandmother’s
house to operate a restaurant. The most special in the restaurant is that there
is no menu in it. The customers can tell the cook what they
need or share their stories and she would cook something suitable for them. Also, in this book,
it talks about the emotion between the leading role and her mother.
I think this book doesn't talk about big issue but it can touch me a
lot. It is a simple literary. However, the feeling it shows to me can strike a deep chord in my heart. Also, I
like the food in it because it looks so delicious. Besides this novel, I think you can also
read Yoshimoto Banana’s works, for they all talk about life and death and their
writing style are alike. Nevertheless, in my opinion, Yoshimoto Banana tells us that we should accept
our unhappiness and try to look the bright side, but Ogawa Ito’s attitude is
that life itself isn't as bad as we think. Although they use different way to
face life, they are very good writers I want to commend to you.
Hi. :) Thank you for your sharing! I have a question about this book: Why did she lose the ability of talking? Is it because of breaking up with her boyfriend(s) or some kind of disease?
ReplyDeleteI think your introduction about the book is attractive and delicious, maybe I will actually read the book during winter vacation. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Japanese literature... so thank you for introducing me to the book.:) Your opinions are interesting, although I am not a 100% positive thinking supporter, I am willing to read about it.:)