Jan 3, 2013

After Dark-Haruki Murakami


Today I want to introduce another Japanese book- After Dark written by Haruki Murakami. Compared to Yoshimoto Banana, I read less works of him. However, I strongly commend After Dark for its deep meaning. Its leading role is a girl and the story happens between six hours. The chapters are separated by the time.
At first, I couldn't understand this story very much but the atmosphere attracted me. With experiences increasing, I can know this story a little. In my opinion, this story gives me the thinking that when people meet some problem we can’t solve it right now, we may escape or use passive attitude toward it. I couldn't agree this idea in the past.Nevertheless, when I was in a similar situation, I felt a sense of helplessness. At that moment, I found that I could finally relate to the feelings the writer expressed.
I have to say Haruki Murakami’s works are often passive and talk about the dark side of human. After reading them, we need some time to smooth our emotion.
By the way, have you noticed that I always introduce Asian books It is because their books are often realistic. The west books sometimes are too romantic and ignore the real life.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Besty. I am Jerry. I have to commit that I seldom read extracurricular books so I can't introduce or commend any other books to you. But I still have some my personal perspective about the content of the book that you commend. Sometimes, I encountered hindrance just like you did. However, my friends' and family's support turn the sense of helplessness into spur to conquer it. I know that they always stand by me. Consequently, I didn't feel isolated because of the support of the spirit.

    ReplyDelete