This week’s topic is different from the past. I want to introduce a Japanese writer to you- Yoshimoto Banana. I have read her works since I was a junior high school student. The first book I read was the Kitchen which was about the life. I couldn’t understand the meaning of this book at that time. What I could feel was the atmosphere of sadness. Although her books are hard to know, I keep reading them whenever she releases the new book. Gradually, I can know a little what she wants to tell readers and realize why she can become famous. Her works can give us a lot of consolation and power to face our life. While reading the leading role’s story, we can rethink our problems and get over our bad moods. Also, I like her temperate but deep words. Her books can smooth my minds and make me feel calm.
I strongly commend her works to all of you. They can let you think in different ways. Last but not least, may you have a nice week!
I strongly commend her works to all of you. They can let you think in different ways. Last but not least, may you have a nice week!
Although I am freshman of Japanese departure, the only Japanese writer I know is Murakami Haruki(村上春樹). Because I don’t like to read novels, I have read only one of his books. Despite the fact that I have never heard of the writer you mentioned, according to your description, Yoshimoto Banana is a good writer. If I need to take the “Japanese Novels” course someday, I will take your advice and choose her works to read.
ReplyDeleteI also want to read some Japanese writer's book recently and thank you for your suggestion!! I had lived in Japan for six year but I rarely read any book written by Japanese writer. I stand a goal about "one week, one novel" to strengthen my writing ability so I always ask my friend some books worth reading. The book you post this week seems interesting to read, now I am planing to search if our library may have one for students to have fun!
ReplyDeleteI have read her works since I was a junior high school student too :D, but I was ashamed that I forgot most of the contexts about her works. Fortunately, her works bring me some smooth powers and many feelings just like you said, are still give me a support to tolerate this world's good and bad.
ReplyDeleteI still remember her words are simple, but the meaning is difficult to completely understand. In any way, I like her works :D